07 November 2014

Earl Partridge, on his deathbed.

I loved her so. And she knew what I did. She knew all the fucking stupid things I'd done. But the love was stronger than anything you can think of. The goddamn regret. The goddamn regret. 
Oh, and I'll die. Now I'll die, and I'll tell you what, the biggest regret of my life, 
I let my love go. 
What did I do? I'm sixty-five years old. And I'm ashamed. A million years ago, the fucking regret and guilt, these things, don't ever let anyone ever say to you you shouldn't regret anything. Don't do that. Don't. 
You regret what you fucking want. Use that. Use that. Use that regret for anything, any way you want. You can use it, okay? Oh, God. This is a long way to go with no punch. 
A little moral story, I say, love. Love. Love. This fucking life, oh, it's so fucking hard. So long. 
Life ain't short, it's long. It's long, goddamn it. Goddamn. 
What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? Phil. Phil, help me. What did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment